Wednesday, July 13, 2005

prayers

Once in a while i read the Bible; as a Catholic and a believer, I should read it everyday but i don't. One thing that's certain though is that i pray everyday. How do you define a prayer...how should one pray. Definitely i am not an authority on this - the priests are, the cathecists, the ministers, the deacons. But even they have their own ways of praying.

How do i do it? Aside from the daily prayers - the Angelus, Our Lord's Prayer, the Apostle's Creed, Hail Mary - i talk to God, personally, as a friend, as a confidante. Attending a retreat on Ignatian Spirituality and the Ignatian way of life (simply put, a the 5-day guided/silent retreat) has helped me put everything in perspective, of my life and my purpose :)

Anyway, during one of the reflection and consciousness phases in the retreat, i was able to write again, creatively - if one may call my writing creative. haha! Now that i am in teaching, i usually do technical writing.

I am now providing space in PointBlank for my prayers so that time and again, my prayers may be yours to read and use and reflect on, that is if you may chance upon my page.

O Lord
You have given me pride and honor
And all these I should care for

As a little god, an Elohim
I can do away with whatever I ask for

But I should not
I should be aware that I could not

For you alone have the power
to do as you wish
to give as you want
to take at your own whim

Wake me
Humble me
Strip me of pride

Make me worthy of your love.
(written on April 19, 2005)

It's worth knowing and believing in God. He alone can save our sanity and our soul...through Him, with Him, in Him, and in the unity of the Holy Spirit...hmmmmmmmmm, forever and ever.

1 comment:

digs p. said...

cge, i'll try to visit :)